Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy 40th! No way!!

Happy Birthday to me!!
Yes indeed! I had a happy happy day! Mark surprised me all day long from morning until night. First I woke up to his smiling face with one of my favorites a Chamilia gift bag. A new charm to add to my bracelet that he picked out with Trevor's help! Then I was off to work where I was greeted with light teasing about the 4oth but mostly well wishes for a happy day. By mid afternoon, boss-Nick comes to ask me to help him move some items around and I followed him downstairs where I was greeted by "SURPRISE!!" Mark, and my wonderful co-workers sporting birthday hats and singing happy birthday to me; I blew out the big "40" birthday candles and we laughed together while enjoying my favorite cake in the world, black forest cherry torte, ordered special from Mark.
We ended the evening with an incredible dinner at the Waterfront Restaurant located on the canal in Hancock. My steak was cooked perfectly and after only one glass of wine, I was relaxed, content, and ready to call it a night.
Wow....I am old!
Felt wonderful to be treated so special all day long! I love my family and friends! Mark continues to surprise me with his unconditional love! Trevor and Sophie too!

Today while sitting at work I have my beautiful red gerber daisies to enjoy along with my bright red balloons. Fun reminders of a fun day!

2 comments:

April and Nick said...

Happy Birthday, I guess my invite to the surprise party got lost in the mail :)
I'm glad to see you've been keeping up with your blog.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Sorry that I'm late to the party, but happy belated birthday!!!!